Innovation Governance for Directors
Is your board proactively supporting innovation and driving an innovation agenda?
Digital innovation, driven by cloud computing, mobile technologies, social media, and big data analytics, is disrupting traditional business approaches in favor of new models and market valuations.
Progressive organizations are now placing innovation at the core of their strategy and require directors who understand the challenges, opportunities and risks arising from digital innovation, so they may help build forward-thinking agendas and minimize the impacts of evolving cyber threats.
This 2.5 day residential program will help expand director skill sets by sharing new research on innovation governance, and strategic insights and tools from faculty with extensive experience in the innovation space.
The two and a half-day residential special program offers the opportunity for participants to hear from world-class instructors on the following topics:
The course features a number of different learning approaches, including instructor-led group discussions, case-based simulations, and personal reflection. Sessions will include thought-provoking speakers and experts addressing key questions. Participants also complete self-assessment tools related to their own innovation profile, and that of their organizations, which will be debriefed during the workshop.
Lead Faculty (from April 2018)
- Dr. Michael Hartmann, Principal Faculty of The Directors College, Professor of Human Resource Management and Executive Director of EMBA in Digital Transformation at the DeGroote School of Business
- Jean-Philippe Deschamps, Emeritus Professor of Innovation Management at IMD in Lausanne, Switzerland
Program Speakers (from April 2018)
- Rob Burgess, Director, Adobe Systems Inc. and Former Chairman, Macromedia Inc.
- John Dalla Costa, Founding Director at the Centre for Ethical Orientation | View interview
- Philip Evans, Senior Advisor at The Boston Consulting Group and BCG Fellow
- Lloyd Komori, Former Senior Vice President, Risk Management at OMERS Administration Corporation
- Barry Libert, CEO, Founder of OpenMatters and Board Member, Digital Advisor of Enterprise Community Investment, Inc. | View Interview
- Dr. Blair Sheppard, Global Leader, Strategy and Leadership Development at PwC and Dean Emeritus of Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business | View Interview
- Alfredo Tan, Chief Digital Innovation Officer, WestJet and Former Facebook Executive | View Interview
- Karel Vredenburg, Director, IBM Design
- Other leading experts – to be announced
- Program is open to The Directors College Alumni, graduates of other accredited programs on governance, and those looking to enhance their knowledge on innovation and its impact on the boardroom.
Continuing Professional Development
- For graduates of The Directors College programs (C.Dir., A.C.C., H.R.C.C.C.) this course qualifies for 15 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Innovation Governance for Directors will be offered in Spring/Summer 2020. If you have an interest in this program, or would like a custom session, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have questions about this program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-905-4943.