Innovation Governance for Directors
Digital innovation, driven by an unprecedented pandemic event that has accelerated the adoption of cloud computing, mobile technologies, social media, artificial intelligence and big data analytics, is disrupting traditional business approaches in favor of new models and market valuations.
To succeed in these times of rapid change, organizations must place innovation at the core of their strategy and require directors who understand the challenges, opportunities and risks arising from digital innovation, so they may help build forward-thinking agendas and minimize the impacts of evolving cyber threats.
This multi-day virtual program will help expand director skill sets through strategic insights and tools from faculty with extensive experience in the innovation space to be values driven and change enabling to support organizations in the information age.
“The world is increasingly dynamic and no organization can survive if it is not innovative. Boards have no choice but to tackle the challenge of transformative change.” – Dr. Blair Sheppard
This special program offers the opportunity for participants to hear from world-class instructors on the following topics:
The course features a number of different learning approaches, including instructor-led group discussions, case-based simulations, and personal reflection. Sessions will include thought-provoking speakers and experts addressing key questions. Participants also complete self-assessment tools related to their own innovation profile, and that of their organizations, which will be debriefed during the workshop.
- Dr. Michael Hartmann, Principal of The Directors College and Executive Director of the EMBA in Digital Transformation at the DeGroote School of Business
- Rob Burgess, Director, Adobe and NVIDIA, and Former Chairman, Macromedia Inc.
- John Dalla Costa, Founding Director at the Centre for Ethical Orientation
- Milena Head, Professor Information Systems, Wayne C. Fox Chair in Business Innovation and Academic Director, EMBA in Digital Transformation, DeGroote School of Business
- Lloyd Komori, Independent Board Director, ERM Consultant, and Former Chief Risk Officer
- Jessica Nordlander, Chief Operations Officer, Thoughtexchange
- Barry Libert, CEO Advisor, Digital Board Member and Chief Execuitve Officer, AI Matters
- Rob Siegel, Lecturer in Management, Stanford Graduate Business School
- Alfredo Tan, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Digital Innovation Officer, WestJet
- Karel Vredenburg, Director, Global Academic Programs, IBM Design
- Kee Wong, National Director and Chair of the Innovation Committee, Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Other Experts, To be announced
- Navigating Risk & Reputation in a Digital Age
- Innovation Governance: How Proactive is Your Board
- The Beach or Innovation Governance
- 2018 Innovation Governance Program Recap
- Governing Innovation
- Embracing Transformation or Why You Will Need to Replace 50% of Your Board
- Risk and Cybersecurity in a Time of Disruption
- Program is open to The Directors College Alumni, graduates of other accredited programs on governance, and those looking to enhance their knowledge on innovation and its impact on the boardroom.
Continuing Professional Development
- For graduates of The Directors College programs (C.Dir., A.C.C., H.R.C.C.C.) this course qualifies for 15 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Innovation Governance for Directors will be offered virtually November 11-14, 2020.
Registration fee is $4,370 CDN and includes all sessions, program materials, support tools and networking.
If you have questions about this program please contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-905-4943.