Imperatives of Good Governance
This 2 ¼ day residential program will cover the fundamental principals and key behaviours associated with good governance and arm you with the knowledge and insight you need to be an effective and engaged board member.
You’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of high performing boards through immersive and interactive sessions delivered by a diverse faculty of academics, consultants, and governance practitioners.
You will explore:
- Board leadership, dynamics and culture;
- Different models, theories, and principles of governance;
- Roles, responsibilities and accountabilities of the board;
- Legal duties, fiduciary responsibility, and liabilities of the board and directors;
- Myths about insider trading and signals of fraudulent activity;
- Benefits of independent thought and encouraging constructive dialogue.
Throughout the program you will learn to ask meaningful questions to gain perspectives, build knowledge, and add value.
You’ll also have an opportunity to learn from and network with other directors through group exercises and during meals while in residence.
Completion of this program will be deemed the equivalent of Module 1: Accountability and Change in the Chartered Director Program.
This specialized short program is currently on hold.
Registration fee: $4,370. The fee includes all sessions over the 2¼-day period, all program materials, all meals and accommodations for the duration of the program.
If you have questions about this program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-905-4943.