Innovation has always been a key ingredient in competitive success, but in the 21st century economy, dominated by digital technology, innovation is becoming a carefully managed corporate attribute. Although the title “Chief Innovation Officer” (CINO) did not even exist before 1998, a recent survey revealed that almost half of all large companies have a CINO, or an executive with identical accountabilities.
Whether or not an organization has appointed a CINO, board members can work with the executive team to develop an innovation culture, establish an innovation strategy, and manage innovation risk. Increasingly, board members will need to understand innovation.
The two and a half-day residential short program offered in a small group setting. Participants will work with world-class instructors who have years of expertise in this area. Topics to be covered will include:
- Innovation governance and the role of the board
- Innovation risks and opportunities
- Innovation leadership
- Dimensions of an innovation strategy
- Aligning leadership and strategy
- Building an innovation culture
- Navigating Digital Disruption
- Practicing Design Thinking in the boardroom
- Best practice panel discussions
The course will feature a number of different learning approaches, including instructor-led group discussions, case-based simulations, and personal reflection. Other sessions will include thought-provoking guest speakers, and expert panels addressing key questions. Participants will also complete self-assessment tools related to their own innovation profile, and that of their organizations, which will be debriefed during the workshop.
Program Speakers and Faculty
- Dr. Michael Hartmann, Principal Faculty of The Directors College, Professor of Human Resource Management and Executive Director of EMBA in Digital Transformation at the DeGroote School of Business
- Jean-Philippe Deschamps, Emeritus Professor of Innovation Management at IMD in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Blair Sheppard, Ph.D., Global Leader, Strategy and Leadership PwC, and Dean Emeritus, Fuqua School of Business
- Eugene Roman, MBA, Chief Technology Officer, Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited
- Rob Burgess, LL.D. ,former CEO Macromedia, and Board Member, Adobe
- Accredited C.Dir., A.C.C., H.R.C.C.C. or similar accredited program designations.
- Subject to approval: Other senior level executives and board directors will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Dates have not yet been scheduled for this program. If you have an interest in upcoming Fall/Winter 2017 offerings, or would like a custom session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org