The Strategic Risk Oversight Program
|Toronto, ON||May 6, 2014|
This workshop addresses the increasing expectations placed on board directors as they undertake their oversight role of an organization’s risk management function. It will provide practical tools and perspectives that directors need to guide their company’s strategy within an environment of unparalleled uncertainty.
The Role of the Board in Strategy and Risk Management
- Develop the ability to analyze how critical assumptions affect the performance of the business strategy and impact the risk profile of the organization.
- Gain the ability to understand the dynamic nature of an organization’s overall risk exposure.
Fundamentals of Risk Integration
- Explore the various ERM frameworks and learn how to identify the most appropriate for your organization.
- Understand how the integration of a risk framework into business practices can lead to the development of a risk-aware culture.
The Oversight of Risk Management Mandate
- Learn how to identify and discuss the factors that determine the oversight responsibilities of a board and/or committee.
- Discover how to establish a proper framework for engagement around risk policies and procedures, boundaries of responsibility, the need for collaboration with other committees, and board responsibilities.
Strategic Risk Oversight for Directors
- Develop practical experience by challenging and assessing the content, inputs, and assumptions used to create risk reports.
- Gain practical techniques that can be immediately applied in a risk oversight function.
During this one-day program, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Develop skills needed to effectively evaluate and align their risk oversight to the organization’s strategy.
- Learn how to create an effective governance structure for risk oversight.
- Gain an understanding of various enterprise risk management frameworks.
- Participate in an experiential learning session of scenarios and case study discussions.
Registration for this one-day program: $1,200 (HST exempt). The fee includes the entire day’s program, meals (except dinner), and all program materials.
Chartered Directors are eligible for 8 CPD hours for the SRO Program.
Comments from Participants of the SRO Program
“Learned excellent tools for risk and strategy ‘focus’ in the boardroom that can be taken back to my organization.”
“The practical problems and real life examples helped to anchor the lessons taught.”
“Engaging faculty from the business community with different perspectives and approaches to assessing risk and strategy.”
“All the faculty were engaging and well-informed. The presentations were interesting, thought provoking, and delivered in a refreshing way.”