Human Resources and Compensation Committee Certified (H.R.C.C.C.) Program
|HRCC Module 2||Toronto, ON||May 27-28, 2013|
|HRCC Module 1||Toronto, ON||October 7-8, 2013|
|HRCC Module 2||Toronto, ON||November 4-5, 2013|
The Human Resources and Compensation Committee Program is a unique, non-residential learning opportunity that leads to the McMaster University designation Human Resources and Compensation Committee Certified (H.R.C.C.C).*
A compensation system aligned to corporate strategy and corporate risk is critical in any organization. The HRCC program provides insight into the role of the board compensation committees in aligning an organization’s human resources, HR processes, risk, and culture to its chosen business strategy.
It is tailored to fit the needs of board directors and senior corporate officers who want to have a strong understanding of appropriate compensation and pay delivery systems and ensure the integrity and defensibility of compensation decisions.
To obtain the H.R.C.C.C. designation, participants must:
- Attend the two Human Resources and Compensation Committee Program modules (two days each).
- Successfully complete The Directors College Human Resources and Compensation Committee exam.
Module 1: Compensation Mandate, Processes, and Performance
- Gain an understanding of governance theory and models—how they are applied and how they contribute to an organization and its purpose.
- Review the legal issues of which HRCC members need to be cognizant.
- Understand how effective HRCC processes clarify roles and relationships for effective decision-making.
- Learn how a clear and relevant committee mandate is created and utilized.
- Clarify processes for CEO selection, appointment, performance management, and termination.
Module 2: Compensation Design, Strategy, and Risk
- Clarify which questions to ask when designing a reward and compensation strategy linked to corporate strategy.
- Understand the sensitivities required in the HRCC’s role in recommending board compensation.
- Learn to view the media as a conduit for communication issues.
- Discuss HRCC disclosure priorities and analysis: What should we watch out for?
- Gain an understanding of the key and underlying risks facing the HRCC.
View Curriculum for HRCC Module 2 – May 27-28, 2013
Registration fee: $2,350 per module (HST exempt).The fee includes meals, all program materials, and the proctored exam.
Chartered Directors are eligible for 15 CPD hours per module of the Human Resources and Compensation Committee Certified Program.
Comments from Participants of the Human Resources and Compensation Committee Certified Program
“The opportunity to share real life examples and engage in thought provoking discussion with peers is valuable.”
“The practical examples and case studies helped illustrate concepts and to put the theories into perspective.”
“It was interesting to see how two experienced Directors in Residence can approach issues from different sides.”
“The faculty obviously enjoys working together to bring their diverse insights and experience to the day’s learning.”